LITTERING IS WRONG
Lets Keep our Highway clean and safe, do your part
Litter leaves a trail of negative footprints ……
Every year, millions of visitors get their first glimpse of our state from their car windows as they travel along many Nigeria’s highways.
BEWISE COMMUNITY EMPOWERMENT INITIATIVE
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To sensitize and re-orientate people towards making the right decisions for the betterment of themselves and the nation
- To challenge individuals to be positive change agents in their communities and the nation
- To provide skill acquisition opportunities for the youths in our communities
- To have transformed productive Nigerians, who will eventually contribute their quota towards nation building and development
- To assist in and contribute to community development
- To liaise or co-operate with any other foundation with or outside the country, having similar aims and objectives with this foundation
- To empower people educationally, economically and to create employment and alleviate poverty in the society
#DON’T BE A KILLER
Have some consideration or at least have some respect for your country. Don't just throw your rubbish or bottles on the ground which may injure or kill someone.
The ultimate goal of DON’T BE A KILLER campaign is to change the perceptions of those who throw things on the highway/road and the act of littering. Also to induce a long-term change in behaviour and lead to saving lives and a cleaner, more beautiful nation
Many people don’t regularly talk about the problem of litter, or even perceive it as a problem, and this campaign aims to change that.
DON'T BE A KILLER CAMPAIGN RALLY AT RCCG HOUSE OF DAVID, OGUDU, OJOTA ON SATURDAY 17TH OF OCTOBER, 2015
DON'T BE A KILLER
LITTER MAKES OUR ROADWAYS UNSAFE
LITTER LEAVES A TRAIL OF NEGATIVE FOOTPRINTS
THE PART WE WANT PEOPLE TO PLAY:
- Don’t throw trash out of the car, vehicle etc. Set a good example for your friends, kids and neighbours.
- Don’t litter. If you think you don’t litter, think again. Think about all of the places you’ve visited this week and all of the times you hung out with your friends or family. You may have unintentionally thrown by the side of the road a bottle/can of drink, pure water sachet etc.
- When you see someone else litter, don’t keep quiet. Do something about it.
- Pledge your support by sticking to what is right and share the campaign with your friends.
- Recognize that litter is a problem, and will continue to be a problem, until we all take a stand.
- Place a bag in your car to collect personal trash instead of tossing them.
- For ladies, use your handbag to collect your personal trash
- At home, secure the lids on your trash, especially when you set them out on collection day.
- For the compactor trucks/tippers, the driver should secure or bundle loose papers and other light objects tightly so they won’t get carried away with the wind.
- Secure loads and remove trash from the back of your pickup truck. Even larger items can fly out when you are travelling at high speeds. This is also very dangerous
- If you can, please pick up litter when you come across any. Even if it’s one sweet wrapper – that’s one less piece of litter on the street
0802 382 2293
0808 985 3997